The Boskone 60 program is coming along. We are excited by the number of people who asked to be considered for programming at Boskone this year. In fact, the positive response has been a bit overwhelming.
While getting used to and learning how to use a new programming system has been (and continues to be) a bit of a challenge, it has forced us to change our normal program process in a way that has also created an opportunity for new people to express interest in being a part of the program. As a result, we have received over 230 requests for approximately 150 spaces. However, we are going to try to increase the number of spaces available.
Due to the number of surveys received by our published deadline of November 15, we are unable to accept new requests from potential program participants since that wouldn’t be fair to those who have submitted their surveys by the deadline. There may be an exception or two if a particular skill or experience is needed for an under-populated session, but programming requests are officially closed. Thank you to everyone who expressed interest in being a part of the Boskone 60 program.
Now, it’s time for the bulk of the programming work to be done as we sort through 230+ surveys, juggle hundreds of sessions within the schedule, and try to fill random holes in the program. For those of you who are interested in the next steps, here’s a quick list of some of the high level deadlines that are coming up for the program team.
- The survey cutoff date, as noted in the published timeline, was November 15. Survey requests are now closed.
- Potential program participants are now in the process of volunteering for sessions. The deadline for sharing their interests with us is November 30.
- On December 1, we will review the responses received and begin figuring out the schedule.
- Draft schedules will be sent between December 15-30.
- Final schedule will be send in early January for final review before publication.
- Participant invitations and regrets will be sent on a rolling basis in December. We had hoped to send invites and regrets earlier in the process, but it was too difficult to make such decisions before giving people a chance to volunteer for sessions and to share their interests with us.
- We plan to have the Boskone 60 program published by mid January.
If you have any questions about the program or the process for pulling together the program this year, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Also, if you would like to buy a membership for you, a family member, or a friend, here’s the link to the Registration Page. We would love to see you at Boskone 60, February 17-19, 2023!