Boskone 58 will be held online due to the covid-19 pandemic.
Virtual Membership Rate: $25 per person [Buy Your Memberhsip]
If you have purchased or earned a rollover membership for Boskone 58, we have decided to shift all current memberships to Boskone 59 (with the exception of Life Members and former Guests) since the price of the Boskone 58 virtual convention membership is much lower than it would be for an in-person Boskone membership. If you have a question about your membership or would like to make alternate arrangements, please contact Boskone Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All attendees must purchase a Boskone 58 convention membership to participate in virtual activities throughout the rest of the convention.
What does my membership include?
- 3 days of Boskone’s top-notch programming, over 100 program items to choose from!
- Programming that includes top authors, scientists, artists, and creators in the science fiction, fantasy and horror industry, including a special Guest of Honor interview with best-selling fantasy author, Joe Abercrombie
- Never miss a panel! Access to recorded panels for one month post convention*
- Online social spaces to connect with like-minded fans
- Access to individual chat rooms on each page and a sitewide chat channel
- Ability to personalize your profile and connect with other members
- Invitation to the New England Science Fiction Association’s online awards ceremony
*Most, but not all, program items will be recorded for later viewing.
Where does my $25 go?
Boskone is an all-volunteer organized event. Our team works hard, volunteering countless hours of their time, to help keep convention costs as low as possible for our members. Even without a physical location, there are still costs to hosting a virtual convention.
Here are some of the critical expenses your membership helps to cover
- Expanded features in our event management platform, which includes scheduling, event management, virtual dealer/fan tables, art show space, and registration tools
- Increased number of software licenses for staff who need access to the event management platform
- AV costs for paid Zoom rooms and webinars
- Closed captioning services
- Video storage for OnDemand program video playback of recorded programming
- Credit card processing fees for memberships
- Marketing, promotion, and design
- Awards for our annual awards ceremony
- Guest thank you gifts
- Email newsletter and communications software
Any profits generated by virtual Boskone 58 memberships will be applied to future in-person Boskones to help with costs such as American Sign Language expenses, our New Voices Fund, and other critical expenses that will help to modernize and sustain Boskone in the future.