Boskone takes the issue of member conduct seriously. If you have questions, please be sure to read our Code of Conduct for more information.
Boskone Code of Conduct
Be respectful and courteous towards others. We expect you to understand that you need to ask before you touch, and that “No” means “No”. Harassment of any kind, intimidation, or illegal behavior is not allowed. This applies to your interactions with everyone.
You are expected to refrain from illegal, destructive, or hazardous conduct; or any other inappropriate behavior, including but not limited to destruction of hotel or other property.
Violation of this policy may result in action ranging from warning[s], having your participation restricted, or being barred from the convention (without refund) to a permanent attendance ban.
Action by the convention in no way precludes injured individuals, the hotel, or NESFA from pursuing whatever remedies, civil or criminal, as they see fit.
If you feel you are being harassed, intimidated, or threatened in any way, please let the ConChair or a NESFA Officer know. Go to the Convention Office to find one of those people, or call 617-642-8605.
NESFA endeavors to keep all names involved in actions confidential to the extent possible; however, accused individuals have the right to be informed of relevant details so as to respond to accusations. Therefore, anonymous complaints will not be acted upon unless they can be independently verified. If the individual filing the report requests no action be taken, NESFA will not take action unless a clear threat is identified.
Boskone is a members-only event and the convention reserves the right to determine who may be a member.
Parties and gatherings in hotel rooms are the responsibility of the individual[s] renting that room. Anyone hosting a gathering in their room has the right to determine who may visit that room, as well as define what is considered appropriate behavior.
Boskone 61 (2024) COVID Vaccination & Mask Policy
Attending Boskone 61? Please be sure to read the COVID Policy below. We look forward to seeing you at the Westin Boston Seaport District Hotel from February 9th to 11th, 2024 (one week earlier than usual).
- COVID Vaccinations and boosters are NOT required, but it is recommended that you get any COVID Vaccinations and boosters for which you are eligible.
- All people 2 years old or older attending Boskone must wear a mask in convention spaces at all times, except when eating or drinking in designated food and drink spaces. Mask required spaces include Galleria, Gaming, Program Rooms, and Pre-Function areas. Mask optional spaces include Consuite (which will be in a suite this year) and Staff Den.
- Masks must be medical grade or better. It is okay to wear a cloth mask over a medical grade mask.
- Children 4 and under must be with parents or guardians at all times.
- Program and event participants, including solo presenters and music performers, may choose to unmask while at the head of the room. If a panelist requests that other panelists on the same item mask due to personal health concerns, please accommodate them. We encourage panelists to communicate with each other ahead of the convention to confirm whether participants on a particular panel need to remain masked.
We recommend you take a COVID test before coming to Boskone. Please do not attend if the test is positive or you are feeling ill. Please let us know (email registration at boskone.org) by February 11th, 2024 and we will roll your membership over to the next Boskone.
Please contact us (email info at boskone.org) if you have any questions.
We expect you to refrain from illegal, destructive, and hazardous conduct that harms others.
Members of the press are welcome to attend Boskone and we look forward to hearing that you are planning to attend. In addition, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have about Boskone, the program, and our participants. Please go to our Press Policy page for more information.
We will use your credit card information only to process your request.
We will use your personal information as needed to fulfill your order or to process your membership request.
We may retain your membership data and use it to send you information related to your membership. We may also share convention membership data with other fannish conventions we support. We will otherwise release personal information only when required by law.
Please contact us if you wish to remove your personal information from our data store after your request has been processed.
Memberships are non-refundable, but can be transferred. In some cases (especially in case of illness) they can to rolled over to the following year. Please contact us at email@example.com.