Boskone has hundreds of activities for members throughout the weekend. The full schedule will be available in mid January. Programming features an exciting variety of science, speculative fiction, art, and music items that include panels, talks, discussion groups, demos, and workshops that are led by a diverse selection of program participants who range from authors and scientists to artists, publishers, editors, and more. We also have an incredible Art Show, Dealers Room, and welcoming social spaces for sitting back and relaxing with friends—both new and old!
Activities at Boskone!
- Anime and Film—Throughout the convention, we will host an marathon session of Anime and film favorites, including a special shorts feature from the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival.
- Art Show,
- Exhibits, Discussions, & Demos—See our artists in action as they create a new painting right before your eyes! Also, check out the art show for a unique look at some of the best art in the speculative fiction world.
- Autographs/Signings—Program participants are available to sign your books in the Galleria on Saturday and Sunday. Please note that you may bring three items to be signed at a time. If you have more items that you would like to have signed, you may return to the end of the line if there is sufficient time remaining.
- Dealers Room—This is your chance to buy everything from brand new releases to rare books from the dealers in our Dealers Room!
- Book Club—Read the Boskone Book Club book and join in the at-con discussion!
- Discussion Groups—Join program participants and other members for small intimate conversations on focused topics in the Boskone Con Suite, our very own “living room of fandom.”
- Dragonslair aka “Children’s Program”—All kinds of fun and creative activities for children between the ages of 7-12.
- Gaming—From video games to the hottest new board games, members come together to play individual games and tournaments alike.
- Jump in and demo some hot new games that haven’t hit the market yet. That’s right, game designers are coming in and you won’t be disappointed.
- Join the Saturday tournament, which features 4 games in 5 hours with prizes for the top 4 winners. There is no cost to play, but please make sure you have the time to finish the games you start. Add your name to the sign-up sheet to guarantee your place in the tournament.
- Makers Space—Participate in organized sessions that feature hands-on creative work.
- Meet Ups—Groups who are interested in organizing a meet up at Boskone can contact email@example.com to get their meet up scheduled and added to the program.
- Music Concerts & Filk—Filksongs are fandom’s version of folksongs with themes of science fiction, fantasy, and fannish interests. Programming includes theme circles, NESFA Hymnal singing, sing-a-longs, short concerts, and the featured Musical Guest concert.
- Kaffeeklatsches—Join your favorite new or returning program participants for a small group / informal round-table discussion. Attendance is limited; sign-up is required to secure your seat. The Sign-up sheets are available at Program Ops at the top of the escalator in the Harbor Foyer. Sign-up sheets are available the day before the Kaffeeklatsch.
- Panel Discussions—Dozens of interactive and lively discussions by our program participants also come with your chance to ask questions and get in on the conversation. Boskone is proud to feature excellent science panels as well as literary, film, writing/publishing, and art panels.
- Readings—Hear writers read and discuss their own works. You might even get a sneak peek at the next novel in your favorite series. We also feature solo readings as well as group readings that bring together a selection of authors within common themes or genres.
- Solo Talks & Presentations—Attend special lectures that range from scientific discoveries to writing seminars from industry professionals.
- Workshops—Sign up to attend special workshops that range from poetry writing and comics creation to reading aloud, singing, and drawing.
In addition to our regular program items, Boskone also hosts special events and parties throughout the weekend. If you have questions, please write to Program at Boskone because we want to hear from you.