We’re moving along nicely with the planning for Boskone 55! We’re very excited about the programming and events that we have in store for you this year. So, here’s a little update on a few things that you may enjoy. A more thorough update will be sent in our first pre-convention email newsletter which will be coming out at the end of October.
We have received a record number of requests from potential program participant this year, and while we can’t include everyone on the Boskone Program, we will include as many as possible. We have already confirmed a number of people, and we will continue confirming participants through early December. For those of you who have submitted a request to be on program, we will be getting back to you soon. In the meantime, click here to view our current list of participants. Again, more names will be added soon.
This year we will have two new events on Friday, which should be a lot of fun. If you have any questions about these two new events, please contact email@example.com.
- Regency Dance – Inspired by the interests and fiction of our Guest of Honor Mary Robinette Kowal, we are hosting a Regency Dance on Friday evening at 6:00 pm, which should be a lot of fun. We’ll have a short training on a couple of dances. So, please don’t worry about not knowing what to do since we will have experts in the room who are happy to help you learn the steps. It’s truly a wonderful and unique experience that we hope you will enjoy! If you have period appropriate regency dance clothing, you are encouraged to wear them. However, time travelers are also welcome to attend. So, you should feel comfortable wearing modern clothing as well. Regency Dancing is for everyone! 🙂
- Jordin Kare Memorial Concert – Boskone’s longtime friend and filker Jordin Kare recently passed away. To honor him, we are hosting a concert in his memory and inviting his friends and fans to play some of his favorite songs. We anticipate that the concert will be held on Friday night, but we have not yet confirmed the timing. More information will be coming soon.
SOUVENIR BOOK ADVERTISING
For those of you who have attended Boskone, I’m sure you have picked up a copy of our printed Souvenir Book from a past Boskone. The Souvenir Book is a lovely book that includes some very fun, warm, and engaging introductions of our guests that are written by people who know them best. It also includes some other fun tidbits for fans, including a spread of images from our Official Artist. The Souvenir Book is a high quality magazine that is meant to last and can be used to collect signatures from all of our guests and program participants. In order to help offset the cost of printing the Souvenir Book, we also include a few ads inside. Please note that the Souvenir Book is available in print at Boskone and will be available as a PDF online after the convention. If you are interested in purchasing an ad in the Boskone 55 Souvenir Book, click here to view the professional and fan ad rates.
We will be having our Free Friday Afternoon again from 2:00-6:00 pm so that people can come check out the convention as well as to give you a little time to arrive and register at your leisure. Just be sure to pick up your badge by 6:00 pm on Friday in order to participate in the evening events. If you’d like to purchase your Full Weekend Membership now and save a little money, here are the pre-convention membership rates (good through January 16, 2018):
- Adult Full Convention: $55
- College Student Full Convention: $35 (school ID required)
- K-6 Full Convention: $25 (school ID may be required)
- 7-12 Full Convention: $25 (school ID may be required)
- Kids-in-Tow: See Below
ACCESSIBILITY AT BOSKONE
While Boskone has always striven to be as accessible as possible, we now have a page online that details all of our accessibility information in one place. If you have access needs, click here to review our new Access page. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOOK YOUR HOTEL
This is your “hotel heads up,” as usual the Boskone rooms are going fast. If you are planning to stay at the Westin Waterfront, please be sure to book your hotel soon to ensure that you get the room you want at the price you need. Click here for Boskone’s hotel information.
Stay tuned we will have more updates soon as well as a fresh batch of Mini Interviews with all new questions and lots of new program participants to entertain you!
We look forward to seeing you in Boston from February 16-8, 2018 at Boskone 55!